Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In heavy and lonely days...GOD be praised

its been quite some time since i published my first blog. a lot had happened... so much to do at work and so many to do in other areas.... and just recently an incident fill it all... it was wenesday night and it was Prayer meeting night at our church,on my way home my bag was snatched by a person riding a tricycle (as it is called here in the phils. - identified as a motor with a passenger cab) taking all of my things which were, of course inside my bag. my initial reaction is to go after him without thinking what to do if he stopped. so funny, i imagined asking him to return my bag, will he grant it, definitely not!... As i was running after him, a voice came up to me, telling me to STOP and just let it go.. as i stopped, things happened so fast after that. i just realized i was already home, listening to all the interogation my family was making. Aswering them back and unconciously i was also in panic. As all have been settled and questions were already answered, i came to a quiet time, thinking back what had happened. Somehow thinking what have i lost, my cellphone, my wallet, even my college grad picture which is the only remebrance of my skinny body (hehehe) most of all MY BIBLE even my daily bread which i seldom bring to my office. Then i came also in realizing before that incident i was actually recalling the story i read on the daily bread weeks ago.. its about a christian woman who was hit-and-run by a car with a violent driver who apparently found out that was under the influence of alcohol. she was under a comatoze for weeks, people was saying 'How can God let this happen to her, inspite of her dedicated service to her church." As the woman woke up the first thing she said "Thank you Lord for protecting me from death and giving me the gift of life again". And now a somehow same incident happened to me, as i meditate could i anyone who knew what had happened to me would also ask ' Did God really allow that to happen?" or i myself have to ask that question? But i realize being a christian does not mean that we have a storm-free life, as what our pastor have told us. My mind had shifted in to thinking, who was that voice who told me to stop? Is it God? and if i didnt stop get those snatchers they might have hurt me and worst thing might had happened. My parents might not be able to ask me what happened cause a coffin might answer them all..... As a final conclusion, yes God allow things to happen, even bad things and even to His children, His faithful children. He allow things to happen to prove that He is control of everything and He will never ever let those bad things to hurt us, He still the author of our lives His will will still be done. We may leave his side, be unfaithful, go back to ur wrong doings, backslide yet He will not leave our side. We are his beloved children and He's our father who would protect us and love us unconditionally. Material things are just material things, it can be replace, someone can take it away from me over and over again but He's love and protection can never be taken away from me. For a while i have been sad and i had mourn for what happen. But remembering how God had whispered to me and remind me me of His protection it washed it all away. So for heavy, not so good and lonely days... GOD be praised Always!!!!!



------- have started this months ago but just finished it now, so glad that i have written this whole heartedly......

--- Lei

No comments: